Turley Property Advisors are delighted to bring this iconic property to the market for sale. Ballyfermot is situated approximately 7km West of Dublin City Centre and has easy access to the N4 and M50. The subject property comprises of a three storey building which was built in 1953. The history behind the building adds to its intrigue, opening up as a cinema in 1955. The Gala has since seen many recreational uses in its day including a concert venue, snooker hall and most recently a Bingo Hall.
Planning was recently granted by An Bord Pleanala for the building to comprise a change of use to a retail store. (Ref:3246/16).
This supersedes a grant of permission on the 31.3.2004 for 97 apartments which has expired. (Ref:4554/04)
The property needs a major refurbishment whilst still being able to maintain its original features. Upon entering The Gala, there are two ground floor retail units on either side of the entrance. These do not form part of the demise. The most recent use of the building was a bingo /snooker hall and a casino. The GIA of the building is in the region of 1,700 sq. m. (18,300 sq. ft.). The ground floor footprint is in the region of 13,000 sq. ft. The site is L Shaped and extends to a total site area of 0.87 acres, the site fronts on to Ballyfermot Road and Blackditch Road to the rear, there is also a laneway leading to Le Fanu Road. The rear portion of the site comprises a car park with parking for c 50 cars
The property is located on southern side of the Ballyfermot Road along a parade of shops near the Ballyfermot Roundabout and the Ballyfermot College of Further Education. The area is predominantly in high density residential use with some nearby commercial properties. Nearby occupiers include Paddy Power, Euro Star Newsagents, Far East Restaurant, Moloney\'s Pharmacy, Londis And the Ballyfermot Post Office to name a few. Ballyfermot is an established West Dublin suburb with numerous amenities. As mentioned above, Ballyfermot is just a 13-minute drive to the City Centre not mentioning the easy access to the M50 N3 / N4 junctions which are within 2.0km.